Thursday 6 July 2017

Get Well Soon Kawaii Kitty Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

When you're feeling unwell, it's easy to feel down in the dumps. So a Get Well card from a friend can do wonders in the cheering up department!

A dear friend of mine has been recovering from an operation recently, and she's a huge cat lover like myself, so the Waffle Flower Get Well Soon stamp set was my first choice for a card for her! I love how the cute images have a kawaii/manga look about them - it gives them a great innocence without being overly cutesy!

I was excited to get started and try something a little different, and came up with the following card:


Fun, right? I feel better myself just looking at it!


I stamped and coloured my kitties and all their accessories in fun, bright colours. Bright and cheery colours definitely work better to lift your spirits in my opinion! I wanted my poor sick kitty to look like she'd been through the wars so I drew on some manga-style bruises and put a plaster on her head! I also gave one of the nurse cats an open, smiling mouth. Hopefully her smile will be infectious and help our patient feel better!


I wanted to create a scene for my card, but one that wasn't too detailed. Some simple colouring and a few lines were all I needed to create the look of a cheery room without having to bust out full-on artist skills! *wink*


I assembled all my elements onto my card base with dimensional glue gel, and finished with my sentiment. I can't wait to send this card to my friend and hopefully cheer her up!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

  1. So cute, Taheerah! This is certain to cheer your friend up as she recovers - loving those fun kitties!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team