Tuesday 11 July 2017

Watercolour Roses

Happy Tuesday!

It's been a while since I've done any watercolouring so it was time to get my zig clean colour real brush pens out again for this card.


I started by heat embossing some leaves from the Altenew Hello Sunshine stamp set with gold embossing powder. I added a sentiment from the Altenew Celebrate stamp set in the same gold embossing. I kept the sentiment simple, to allow the card to be used for different occasions.

I chose the rose images from the Hello Sunshine stamp set, and white heat embossed them on some watercolour paper. I then coloured these in with my zig clean colour real brush pens, using a water pen to blend the colours.



I flicked the background with some pink and gold colours to create drops of colours. The Kuretake Gansai Tambi starry colours would be lovely for adding the gold spots.

I die cut the panel with a stitched rounded rectangle die, from the MFT Blueprints 31 set, then adhered it to a top folding card base.



Next, I fussy cut out the flowers and added them to the card, using some foam tape behind the largest flower for dimension. I also add some wink of stella clear glitter to the flowers for extra sparkle.


I enjoyed doing a little watercolouring again. The zig pens are lovely to work with and the images in the Altenew Hello Sunshine stamp set are perfect for colouring techniques.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Altenew Hello Sunshine
Altenew Celebrate

Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens
Kuretake Detail Waterbrush
Hero Arts Gold Embossing Powder

Wink of Stella Clear Glitter

Hero Arts White Embossing Powder

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Gemma! Gorgeous watercolouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous Gemma, love the colouring too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team