Monday 18 September 2017

Over the Moon

Hi there and happy Monday to you all :)

It seems a while now that MFT released the Space Explorers stamp set which proved very popular,
 well I had this little guy all coloured and cut out ready to go so this is how I used him :)


I had made a watercoloured galaxy background, but rather than using it as one solid piece I die-cut it using the Power Rays die which meant the background sat perfectly on a 4 inch card base. To make my lunar landscape I found the Rocks stencil to sponge through with grey and white ink for the craters, I used the shapes in a random pattern rather than using the stencil as is. 


I cut the curved edge with a Speech Bubble border die but to give a more irregular shape I used scissors to cut away some of the edge and then roughly outlined the craters for more dimension. The little astronaut looked great tucked just over the horizon and that fitted the sentiment well too..... I had to draw a little smile on him to make him look a least a little happy for the recipient!!

    

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team